LHS PTSA SAT Preparation Review
Are you a Lakeside High School student planning to take the SAT this year? Take advantage of this opportunity to boost your SAT score with convenient, affordable SAT prep classes right here at Lakeside.
Lakeside High School and the Lakeside PTSA are providing an affordable alternative for our students to receive assistance in preparing for the SAT.
This Preparation Workshop is for Lakeside students only.
Offered 3 times during the school year, these preparation sessions are held at Lakeside High School in room 2211 on the three Saturdays preceding the SAT test date.
$95 ($85 if you register by the early bird deadline) for three sessions of instructor-led review and a premiere study guide which includes online practice with instant feedback, DVD lessons and a wealth of useful tips.
SAT Preparation instruction is provided by Lakeside teachers Ms. Sara Freels (Reading / Writing) & Mr. Scott Wofford (Math) in conjunction with SAT Practice Book (included in cost).
Complete the registration form and deliver it with a check made payable to “LHS PTSA” to Ms. Brenda Casey in the LHS Counseling Office by the deadline dates indicated below.
SAT Test Date
Last Day to Register for $85 Early Bird Rate ($95 after)
Sat, November 3, 2018
October 13, 20, and 27
Wed, October 3
Sat, December 1, 2018
November 3, 10, and 17
Friday, October 26
Sat, March 9, 2019
February 9, 23, March 2 (no class on Feb 16th during holiday weekend)
Friday, February 1
All Saturday meetings are held from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Class material will cover:
- Review Sample Essays
- Discuss how to use time effectively
- Discuss essay writing essentials
- Write a practice essay
- Critical Reading strategies
- Discuss techniques for attacking the reading passage
- Practice analyzing critical reading passages
Sentence Completion & Correction
- Vocabulary Strategies
- Grammar Review & Strategies
- Practice vocabulary & sentence correction
- Effective techniques for multiple choice
- Grid-in questions
- Common calculator mistakes
Basic & Advanced Math Concepts
- Ten most tested on concepts
- Twenty most tested advanced concepts
- How to avoid 10 most common traps
- Three full-length practice tests
- An online diagnostic test to focus review efforts
The schedule for each session is:
|9:00 - 9:10||Attendance, Announcements, Reminders|
|9:10 - 10:30||Students will be divided into 2 groups. Half will work on English, half on Math|
|10:30-10:40||Break and switch classes|
|10:40 - 12:00||Students will attend the opposite session|
Other Information you need to know:
- Signing up for this preparation course DOES NOT register you (or your student) for the SAT test. You will need to register separately for test. Go to www.collegeboard.org for all information on testing costs, locations, and registration deadlines.
- If fewer than 14 students enroll for a session, the class will be canceled and parents and students will be notified via email.
- The maximum number of students per session is 34. If more than 34 registration forms are received, students will be placed on wait list in the order of receipt.
- Due to the lead time for ordering the SAT Prep book, students who register less than 7 days prior to the 1st meeting session may not receive their book until the 2nd review session meeting.
- If a check is returned by the bank, repayment will be requested by cash or money order and a $20 reprocessing fee will be applied.
- If your registered student does not attend one or more of the classes, there will be no pro-rated refund.
- If a student must withdraw from review session and notification of withdrawal is received in writing prior to the 1st meeting of the session, a fee may be refunded or the student may be scheduled for a later review session in the same school year. There will be no refunds once the session begins. Considerations may be made in the event of a family emergency.
- If you have questions about registration for the SAT prep course, please email SATPrepLHS@gmail.com.
Subscribe to the weekly LHS PTSA E-Blast newsletter
Receive Text Alerts
To receive Remind text messages from the Lakeside PTSA, send the message @elhsptsa to 81010
Email LHS PTSA